The following items were discussed in Senior Meeting in October:
- Seniors were reminded that if they plan to apply to any four- year college or universities, they need to get these applications completed ASAP. Most major state schools have application deadlines of December 1. Students need to check the websites of the schools they are interested in to check on deadlines for application, as well as application requirements. There will also be information on freshman scholarship deadlines.
- The Free Application for Financial Student Aid (FAFSA) opened October 1. Seniors have been encouraged to apply ASAP if they are planning to attend any college, university or vocational institution. The longer one waits to apply, the more likely they will not get the full benefits available.
- Now is the time for seniors to be thinking about who they will ask to write them a letter of recommendation. They should ask two or three individuals who know them well, such as teachers, employers , pastors, neighbors, and they should present each person with a copy of their resume when they ask for a letter. The resume should include all activities and accomplishments throughout a student’s high school years. There are several examples of resumes in my office that I am happy to share.
- I have posted several scholarships on this website.Students need to check for these on a regular basis. I usually send a Remind Message when a new item is posted. The information will indicate if it is an online scholarship or if there are paper applications. Paper applications are located in the first drawer of the file cabinet right outside of my office and students have access to it all through the school day.
- Seniors are encouraged to join the Senior Class of 2018 on Remind. This is the easiest way for me tosend messages to the class as a group and it also enables individual communication. For information on how to do this, students need to see me.
- Mrs. GoDair encouraged the seniors to get their fees paid, and that the amoun they owe will continue to go up and the year progresses. If there are questions about fees, students may visit with Mrs. GoDair.